From Encyclopedia Dramatica
| Warning! |
Limecat is not pleased.
Limecat is an internet meme featuring an angry-looking cat with a lime on its head cut to resemble a helmet or a fringe haircut, although in fact it is more likely to be a Pomelo. Being a cat with a lime on its head, it is by nature a sourpuss. Hundreds of captions were added, making it a popular image macro. Its cousins are Lemoncat (see below) and Mooncat. It will provide much lulz until just now, when we forget about it and go back to masturbating to Jameth. The original image was originally lifted from the Command & Conquer fansite CNCDEN by a Kingdom of Loathing forum user named Weens.
Wikipedia, in its noble effort to destroy all existence of silly internet memes, deleted Limecat in retaliation for the addition of a link to this article in the Wikipedia entry by Karwynn and a Hardvice impersonator . Deciding that spiting the Superior Wiki was more important than documenting internet knowledge, Hipocrite and several others argued for its deletion. They should be piddled on. Rootology and badlydrawnjeff advocated keeping it, resulting in massive failure. For those too busy to read this, it essentially said:
- Keep - This is a common internet meme, easily recognizable and likely to be searched for on Wikipedia. Minor subjects are still worth writing about.
- DELETE - I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS, IT MUST NOT BE NOTABLE!
- DELETE - BASED ON HISTORY OF KEEP VOTERS, WHO ARE ALL FAGS.
- DELETE - HAHA, I WILL NOW MAKE A SARCASTIC COMMENT ABOUT HOW FANTASTIC LIMECAT IS!!!!!
- DELETE - FUNNY THINGS ARE NOT ENCYCLOPEDIC!
- DELETE - As much as I love limecat, this is not something I will remember in 5 years. So much unlike everything else on Wikipedia.
- COMMENT - I will always remember the limecat. LIMECAT NEVAR FORGET!!
- DELETE - ALL KEEP VOTERS ARE TROLLS AND SOCKPUPPETS AND ENEMY SPYVANDALHACKERS WHO WANT TO KILL US AND RAPE OUR WOMEN!
(We know that is untrue, however, because there are no women on the internet.)
The result of the discussion was go with the flow, and concentrate harder on obtaining a fascist hold on information. As usual in a deletion debate, the losing side was told to GTFO of Wikipedia.
Make your own Limecat
- Lime (But in order to fit the cat's head, you need a Pomelo, which is basically a giant lime)
- Use knife to cut lime into shape of helmet. Notches are optional.
- Stick lime on cat's head
- Take picture
- Show picture to all your friends so they can laugh at the animal cruelty.
|Limecat on Other Worlds||About missing Pics|
|Main Gallery||About missing Pics|
Limecat is part of a series on
Visit the Memes Portal for complete coverage.
is part of a series on
A Cat Is Fine Too • Arguecat • Basement Cat • Bikecat • Bincat • Binkers • Bonsai Kitten • Bukkake Milk • Burger • Business Cat • Cat in Microwave • Cat on a keyboard in space • Catnarok • Ceiling Cat • Chase 'No Face' • Covercat • Dangerous Kitten • Death Cat • Dodge Cat • Drillcat • Emo Cat • Fishing Cat • Frinkle • Garfield • Grumpy Cat • Happycat • Hipster Kitty • If it fits I sits • Inception Cat • Jarcat • Jewcat • Keyboard Cat • Kitler • Lasercat • Lenincat • Limecat • Longcat • Maru • User:Mr Jonzz/SKC • Nyan Cat • Octocat • Orvillecopter • Peter • Serious Cat • Shironeko • Shocked and Appalled Cat • Shortcat • Shotacat • Silencer Cat • Spaghetti Cat • Speedycat • Standing Cat • Starecat • Stalking Cat • Stubbs the mayorcat • Tacgnol • That Fucking Cat • Trollcats • Tubcat • Tulip • User:Hipcrime/YOUR PET • Weathercat • Zippocat
|Featured article September 23, 2006|
| Preceded by|
|Limecat|| Succeeded by|