Know Your Meme
From Encyclopedia Dramatica
|Did You Know: this article is about Jewish thieves? For a cellulite riddled imitation, go here: http://www.knowyourmemes.com|
Know Your Meme (KYM) is essentially the end product of greedy corporate intervention into anything OTI. The site itself, which was for a short time a subsidiary of multi-national corporate giant Sony, was created entirely for the benefit of the newest of new and the odd over-the-hill, old media type. It is distinct from other sites (e.g. Lurkmoar wiki) in that Know Your Meme is clearly intended for mass commercialization of every "cute" meme that ever sprang forth from a *chan. It's also mostly safe for work, which is fucking lame. Sounding like someone yet?
Since its inception, KYM has had no shame corporatizing the internet culture they take no part in and, moreover, are exceedingly arrogant about this fact. You will often see this smarmy attitude first-hand from the odd mod or site rep attempting to justify the site's existence with such disingenuous statements like "nobody owns a meme, we all do", which is fine, except they are a fucking company that is making money off of them at the same time. If they could copyright every meme in existence, they would - a corporation's eternal mission is the divide and conquer mindset. It is basically I Can Has Cheezburger? raised to the tenth with 100 times the faggotry. The site survives largely off of retarded YouTube users, Gaiafags, unsatisfied Oh Internet users and legions of other 12 year olds.
Although the site has been up since December 18th, 2007, it's surprisingly small and lacks content. /b/ on its worst day will never be as raeped by newfaggotry and AIDS. They hired to anchor their "webshow" in July, 2009, who just happens to also be in the YouTube Partner Program.
What's worse is KYM signed a major distribution deal with Sony in 2008. Now you can learn about memes while you're browsing on your fucking iPhone in class or playing MW2 on your PS3! Soon enough, you'll see niggers, kikes, and guidos walking down the street wearing XXXXL shirts stating that their penis size is over 9000. Supposedly this deal fell through not long after, but it will not be long before they're sucking more corporate cock.
KYM/Rocketboom managed to multiply already unthinkable faggotry with their Jewtube "webshow". The show consists of some hostess walking pair of tits or similarly clueless "researchers" doing their best to read a fucking teleprompter or script to explain any given meme in the most WACKY way possible. Soon everything you used to hold sacred will be able to be downloaded to some retards PSP for the low price of just $19.95...the days of reading through endless lines of boring text are over! Just watch a short YouTube video, and you'll be an instant oldfag.
You can now spout memes with the best of them: LOL HAY U GUISE ITS A TRAP ALL YOUR BASE ARE AN HERO HNNNNNG OVER 9000 MILHOUSE MUDKIPZ XD AM I COOL YET? SO CASH I DONT EVEN DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS
It actually got shittier!
Sometime around 2011 KYM was sold to the cheezburger network. Nothing really changed except for the fact that the web videos are now made by a completely different set of people which are actually worse than the first set of people. Currently anything pony related is dominating over every other article on KYM. As of late 2013, nothing has changed. There was a brief invasion of Doge as the top meme, but that quickly thinned out once Season 4 premiered.
The Fags Behind It
|This article needs moar people behind the faggotry.|
You can help by .
Rocketboom KYM Mememolly.png
Mememolly, just clueless.
The token ethnic guy (is he a beaner or chink?), aka "Cheese".
Some faggot who thinks he's important because he has his own website.
Your probably thinking, "who the fuck enjoys this stuff?" guess what? people actually do! here's a short list of people who Frequent Force your meme.
- 12 year old: Constantly spamming forced memes in every comment such as "U MAD" or "ITS OVER 9000!". they are the bread and butter of this site.
- Ponyfags: Rejects of pretty much everywhere, they are welcome here at brony central known as KYM. they viciously defend the Friendship is Magic article. Beware, don't try to troll them! they will bury your comment like they did their virginity.
- confirmers: if they see it once, they confirm it. if its on youtube, they confirm it. If its about their favorite game, they will confirm it.
- Elitists (aka internet toughguy's: The badass mother fuckers of KYM. the'll comment on your profiles and tell you to fuck off and tell you that your mad. try and deadpool a cool meme? They teach you otherwise with a thumbs down. you can tell who they are by their animu avatars.
- Furries: Yet another exiled race to be welcomed into KYM. They pal around with the Bronies and the Elitists.
- intellectuals: people who see reason into everything and "secretly" make fun of the trolls with their "startling intellect". their favorite sayings are "well played, sir!" or "good fellow, i have to disagree!" or "gee, i could fancy a nice ass drilling right now!
- Know Your Meme constantly get their facts wrong. In their video on Weegee, they state that he simply originated as a creepy drawing that someone uploaded on the internet, completely glazing over the fact that Weegee is undeniably real, and will kill you. They also contend that Pedobear PROTECTS lolis and That Really Rustled My Jimmies originated from FunnyJunk.
We all know how wrong that is.
- Unsurprisingly, KnowYourMeme.com was named Time Magazine's 50th best website of 2009, which is ironic because all of its content is derived from other websites.
- It is also completely useless because you could just use ED to research any meme that's worth two shits, and many which aren't. Fortunately, every KYM page links to ED, so after reading their shit, you can just click on the link to know the truth.
- The admins of Know Your Meme can easily be offended and ban you if you break the following rules:
—Time Magazine, completely disregarding other websites ("wink wink") that did what they do about a decade earlier and much, much better.
How to do research for a KYM article:
- STEP 2: See same thread pop up twice.
- STEP 3: Go to KYM and open new article.
- STEP 4: Google search the meme.
- STEP 5: Copy all the information you find.
- STEP 6: Go to encyclopedia dramatica.
- STEP 7: Copy the entire article bout the meme.
- STEP 9: Copy all the pics off encyclopedia dramatica.
- STEP 10: ????????
- Todd Goldman
- Gimme Pizza
- Oh Internet - KYM 2: Electric Boogaloo
- Operation: Stop Their Scheme - Anon failing it at taking down KYM
Know Your Meme is part of a series on
Visit the YouTube Portal for complete coverage.
Know Your Meme is part of a series on
Visit the Sites Portal for complete coverage.