From Encyclopedia Dramatica
|This article needs moar everything.|
You can help by .
Andrew Geoffrey Kaufman✡ was the most famous IRL troll who ever lived, a man who dedicated his life to making people confused, irritated, shocked, and/or infuriated, and was the first and only man to make a living out of doing it for the lulz. Some argue that he is a failed comedian who would bomb hard at the comedy clubs. Andy never considered himself to be a comedian and never tried to make people laugh. Jim Carrey is the reason why people think he was a comedian, due to the movie Man on the Moon inaccurately portraying him as one. He was also pretty much the greatest person who ever lived ever (and not even his being a Jew can stop this) and is widely considered to be the father of trolling, and quite possibly even anonymous itself. Hey, it's a possibility.
Why Andy Kaufman Was Unfunny
Andy Kaufman was unfunny because he never tried to be funny. He simply didn't give a shit about the audience. He was a mentally deranged asshole who did everything for his own amusement, usually at the expense of everyone else.
Examples of this include:
- Somehow being allowed on Saturday Night Live and doing nothing but lip-syncing and exaggerating one line of the Mighty Mouse theme song.
- Intentionally fucking up an entire scene in the show Taxi
- Intentionally fucking up an entire scene of the show Fridays
- Informing the audience that women are more suited to cooking and cleaning, then wrestling those who disagreed
- Getting an old woman to pretend to have a heart attack and die onstage
- Getting his character, Tony Clifton, to select members of the audience and insult them, throw water on them, embarrass them, etc.
- After pissing off the audience with his failure to entertain them, he would then proceed to do the best Elvis impersonation in the world, proving that American audiences are gullible and easy to win back.
- Leaving comedy to focus on a career in pwning women in wrestling matches.
—Andy Kaufman to four female fans
Acts of Great Justice
Andy befriends, and then publicly trolls his ex-girlfriend on live television.
Andy trolls the world (and ends his career) by wrestling women
Andy is pulled off the street to go on the dating game, and possibly bang some slut, but instead decides to troll it.
Andy publicly trolls the South.
Previous Video | Next Video
The Ultimate Lulz
Andy Kaufman's final act of lulz was faking faking his own death. After realizing he was going to be owned by cancer, he decided to make all of his pathetic fans believe he faked the entire thing, some of them still believe it.
Patron Saint of Trolls
At 2:53 P.M. UTC on February 24, 2010 Andy Kaufman was declared the patron saint of trolls by /b/. Upon hearing this news, Sasha Baron Cohen proceeded to choke to death on a bagel. And nothing of value was lost.
Joe Rogan Reveals the Truth Behind Andy Kaufman
Skip to 7:30 for the beginning so you don't have to hear about unfunny assholes like Bill Hicks or Denis Leary.
His "daughter" speaks
Last Thursday, his nobody brother ran into some 20-something drama student/attention whore named Alexandra Tatarsky and they decided to troll a bunch of unsuspecting fans by saying Andy was alive and that Tatarsky was his daughter, it didn't work.
BTW, he DID have a daughter named Maria Colonna who was born in 1969 and still very much alive, but Andy himself is still very much dead, sorry!
|Andy Kaufman is part of a series on Aspies.|
Andy Kaufman is part of a series on
Visit the Trolls Portal for complete coverage.